Smidge® Evening Magnesium (formerly Good Night Maggie™)
Smidge® Evening Magnesium is a gentle, calming supplement made with a premium form of magnesium called glycinate complex.
All-natural and easily absorbed, Evening Magnesium helps you relax, sleep and wake up the next morning feeling refreshed — not groggy and foggy-headed, like with commercial sleep aids.*
And unlike other magnesium supplements for sleep, our formula is super clean and made in small batches. This means no common allergens and additives that might interfere with a restful slumber and digestion. Plus, it doesn’t include magnesium citrate, which may cause gastric upset, or magnesium oxide by itself, which is difficult to absorb.
One capsule of Smidge® Evening Magnesium will begin to wind down your day, in addition to helping fulfill your body’s essential need for magnesium. It also may help reduce feelings of mild stress and restlessness — and soothe sleep-disturbing leg cramps.*
100 mg of magnesium per capsule (as Chelamax® magnesium bisglycinate, magnesium oxide*). 60 capsules (2-month supply)
- Gentle magnesium glycinate complex
- Supports rest and relaxation*
- May ease mild stress and leg cramps*
- No fillers, additives or preservatives
- Free of common allergens
What does Smidge® Evening Magnesium do?
Magnesium is one of the most natural ways to help with a good night’s rest.* So we created an all-natural sleep supplement with magnesium glycinate complex that everyone can love, even people with sensitivities.
This way, Evening Magnesium supports deeply satisfying sleep, without unpleasant side digestive effects.
But magnesium goes far beyond getting your zzzs. Depending on which studies you read, magnesium is responsible for between 300 to 800 enzyme-driven processes in the body, many of which support the nervous system. This reflects the important role potentially played by magnesium in physiological and pathological function.* Here are more well-documented benefits of magnesium glycinate complex:
- Provides a concentrated form of magnesium in an easy-to-absorb form
- May ease feelings of stress and mild anxiety*
- Helps relax muscles and reduce mild leg cramps by reducing c-reactive protein and other markers of inflammation*
- Supports elimination and helps the body digest and break down food for energy*
- Helps you feel more alert throughout the day (following improved sleep) thanks to magnesium's critical role in activating ATP, the stored form of energy in cells
- May ease mild headaches*
- May support blood sugar regulation and therefore, ease mild inflammation*
- Supports blood pressure regulation and heart health*
- Supports healthy cell function, cellular repair and antioxidant status*
- May ease mild premenstrual syndrome (PMS) and period cramps by relaxing the smooth muscle of the uterus and by reducing the prostaglandins that cause uncomfortable periods*
As to potentially easing stress and mild anxiety, magnesium supports central nervous system function by helping regulate neurotransmitters, which send messages throughout your brain and nervous system.* It also may reduce the activity of the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis for a calming effect.*
Another huge role magnesium plays is aiding in the body’s regulation of calcium, potassium and sodium. It supports the absorption of calcium into the bones, rather than the tissues where it could cause health imbalances. And, magnesium is critical for the absorption and activation of vitamin D, which also helps support bone growth and maintenance.*
Ingredients: Magnesium (as magnesium glycinate complex), magnesium oxide, vegetarian capsule (Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, water)
Always start with a smidge! Take one capsule, one to three times daily with food, or as directed by a certified medical practitioner. (See “low and slow” note below.)
How to take: Evening Magnesium should be taken with food at night or about a half-hour before you lay down to sleep. For best results, take Smidge® Morning Magnesium to start your day with pep and clarity — and to soak up a total of five different types of premium magnesium between the two products.
Start low and slow: Smidge® supplements are premium, pure and potent. Therefore, it’s critically important to start slowly, with a lower dosage than recommended. For example, a very small dose every other day, or even once a week, until you can determine how the supplement affects your body and what dosage feels right for you.